To be eligible to participate in our Financial Coaching Program, you must meet the criteria outlined below.
Financial Coaching Program Criteria
- Income: Maintain annual gross income guidelines (see blue chart below).
- Credit score: 580+
- Options available for those with invisible credit/no credit
- The monthly Debt-to-income ratio is less than 18%
- 0.5% of student loans in deferment or forbearance will be counted in the monthly debt payments. Ex: if you owe $40,000 in student loans, $200 will be counted in monthly debt payments
- Collections: Less than $2,000 in non-medical collections; less than $4,000 if all collections are medical
- Judgments: Less than $1,000 in judgments
- Savings: No minimum savings requirement
- Employment: One-year continuous full-time employment, or two years if part-time or self-employed
- Bankruptcy: Two years since discharged from bankruptcy, 12 months of new credit, with no late payments or default
- Foreclosure/Short Sale History: Minimum of three years since a foreclosure or short sale
Financial Coaching Income Guidelines
Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity annually updates our Homeownership Program income requirements based on area market conditions. We reserve the right to revise these guidelines at any time.
*Habitat mortgages are provided through our subsidiary, TCHFH Lending, Inc. Click here to learn more about the requirements that need to be met to qualify for a TCHFH Lending, Inc. mortgage.
|Family Size||Minimum Yearly Gross Income||Maximum Yearly Gross Income|