Affordable homes coming to Harrison
You could be closer to homeownership than you think! 17 new affordable townhomes are being built in the Harrison neighborhood now through 2023.
About the Development
Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity is honored to partner with City of Lakes Community Land Trust to develop 17 townhomes in the Harrison neighborhood now through 2023.
The development will include:
- seven 2-bedroom units
- nine 3-bedroom units
- one 4-bedroom accessible unit
Each unit will feature:
- 1,200-2,000 square feet
- 1.5 baths, utility room, and upper floor laundry room
- Dishwasher and microwave
- Luxury vinyl tile flooring throughout with carpeted stairs
- ENERGY STAR Building and Appliance Certification
You or someone you know could buy a home you love with a mortgage you can afford. Start the process now! The first homes may be ready to purchase starting in fall 2023.
Play a part in building homes in your community! Volunteer opportunities at the Harrison Townhomes will begin in spring 2023. Browse all volunteer opportunities and sign up for our Volunteer Newsletter for the latest news and info.
Your financial support helps make these homes affordable for local families. Donate online here.
Why buy one of these homes?
- No down payment required. Closing cost and affordability assistance available.
- Made affordable through a partnership with the City of Lakes Community Land Trust
- No mortgage insurance
- 3.0% fixed interest rate for the 30-year life of the mortgage**
- Low interest monthly mortgage payments set at no more than 30% of your income
- Personalized guidance through each step of the qualification and home buying process
- Homebuyer education workshop helps prepare you for homeownership
**Sample mortgage terms outlined below.
You must qualify for and complete Twin Cities Habitat’s homeownership program in order to buy one of these homes.
You may be eligible if...
- You are a first-time homebuyer
- You have not owned a primary residence in the past three years
- You live in and want to buy a home in the seven‑county Twin Cities metropolitan area
- You meet the income guidelines listed at home.tchabitat.org/income
- You’re motivated to complete the mortgage qualification process and attend our homebuyer education workshop.
- You attend the City of Lakes Community Land Trust (CLCLT) orientation before closing
It's easy to find out if you’re eligible!
Get started by submitting the form below. Once you submit, you’ll receive an e-mail notifying you of your eligibility status.
If you are eligible, the email will include a link to our homeownership program application. If you’re not currently eligible, the email will include the reasons why and recommendations on how to become eligible.
Sample Mortgage Terms
The terms below are not specific to these properties. They are intended to provide an example of terms for a mortgage at $200,000. Individual mortgages are based on borrower income.
|Estimated First Mortgage||$240,000|
|Fixed Interest Rate||4.25%|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate)||4.2993%|
|Monthly Principal and Interest Payment
*Monthly payment estimates quoted reflect the principal and interest portion of the payment and do not include homeowner’s insurance, property taxes, or maintenance fund, which are also required to be paid.
|Borrower Down Payment||$0.00|
|Borrower-Paid Closing Costs
*Borrower’s contribution to closing costs does not include the owner’s title insurance policy if the homebuyer chooses to purchase.
|Please note that our rates and terms can change at any time.|