All A Brush with Kindness program applicants must provide copies of the documents described below that apply to the current situation of each adult member living in the home: including person(s) age 18 and over, renters, and person(s) listed on the title of the home.

Documents must be submitted as JPEG, PNG, or PDF file types. Incomplete applications or applications without supporting documentation will not be accepted.

For more information about the program or the application process, please contact us at abwk@tchabitat.org or call 612-788-8169.

Color Photo Identification

Every adult member living in the home must submit a colored copy of their picture ID.

Example of MN Driver's License

Example of Permanent Resident Card

Homeowner’s Insurance 

Homeowner’s insurance is required to be eligible for a volunteer-based home repair program.

Please call your homeowner’s insurance company and request a statement (for the current year) that verifies all payments are up-to-date, and that your insurance is in good standing.

Income Verification

Applicants must provide income statements and employment verification of all sources of income in the household (for adults over 18 years of age).

If receiving income from an employer or other taxable income source:

If receiving non-taxable income:

  • Other Income: any other income statements (SSI, SSDI, RSDI, Disability, VA Benefits, unemployment, alimony, child support)
    To request proof of income for SSI, SSDI, RSDI please call 1-800-772-1213 or go to www.SocialSecurity.gov to obtain documentation. (Medical Assistance, food stamps, and child care assistance are not considered for income qualifications and will not be needed to document).
    SSI Example of Paperwork
    Review this helpful resource to find out where to obtain tax return documents and other replacement documents.

If not receiving any income:

If a reverse mortgage* applies to your situation:

  • Reverse Mortgage Statement and at least 4 consecutive months of most recent deposit history (bank statements)

Citation Notifications

If the household has been issued a citation by the city or a home insurance notification (notice to drop coverage by the insurance company), the letter should be included at the time of application. Please make sure the letter from the agency includes the citation reason, citation officer’s contact information, and any applicable deadlines.

Unofficial School Transcript

If a member of the household is age 18 or older and is enrolled in school full-time while receiving income, provide a copy of an unofficial school transcript.


Veterans or current U.S. Military  

If a member of the household has ever served in the U.S. military or is currently serving, the Defense Department issues to each veteran a DD-214.

Please submit the DD-214 form via email to abwk@tchabitat.org with your name and address once your application has been completed and submitted.

Example of DD-214 Form

Proof of Ownership

Applicants must submit proof of ownership. For example, a property tax statement.

If a mobile home applies to your situation, a copy of the original mobile home title is required at the time of application.

If accepted, the homeowner must present the original mobile home title, and any other applicable documents, along with the contract to proceed in the program. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.


Application and Program Release Forms

The Applicant Signature Page Form and Program Release of Information Form must be signed by each adult member living in the home.

Applicant Signature Page Form

Program Release of Information Form

Photos of Areas in Need of Repair

Homeowners must submit photos (JPEG or PNG file types) of the areas in need of repairs, including 4 photos of the exterior of the house, 1-2 of the garage, and 1-5 photos of any other repair request(s).

Contact Us